Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hyllningsfest '09

Swedish Dancers - Seth and the 5th Grade Class
Swedish Dancer Rachel and the 2nd Grade Class
SVHS Viking Football Team Float - Ryan, Class of 2010
Politician Spencer working hard on behalf of the Republican Party during the parade.
My sister and family lives in Lindsborg, otherwise known as Little Sweden. Every two years the town puts on a Swedish festival called Hyllningsfest where they pay tribute to their Swedish forefathers who traveled to this great nation for a better life. My Great Grandfather and Grandmother Peterson where two of those very people. They did not settle in Lindsborg but I find it ironic that their Great Granddaughter lives there today. Swedish customs are dear to my heart because their daughter, my Grandma Schild passed down many Swedish customs and traditions to her heirs.

So, like any good aunt when asked the question by her nephew "Are you coming to watch me dance Aunt Kassi?" replied "I wouldn't miss it!" Rachel and Seth were adorable in their costumes, too bad you couldn't see them in the pictures because they were allowed to wear their coats due to the FREEZING temperatures. I am still in the process of thawing out but I wouldn't have missed it.

No comments: