Saturday, January 31, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane


I went to my dad's today to pick up meat and as a bonus he took the girls and I out for lunch at the best Mexican food joint in the entire world, Al's Cafe. After lunch, I couldn't resist showing Breckyn and Madison where I went to elementary school which just happened to be a block away from Al's.  During lunch I had told the girls that I remembered being a young girl and Al's being "the place" to go on Saturday nights. People would wait in line for what seemed to be hours to just get a table but the best part was that all the parents would let the kids go to the school playground to play while they socialized in line.  Seems like only yesterday, dad or mom would be yelling "Kim, Kassi.. !"  We'd know our table was ready and we'd come running.  I smiled when I saw that the old merry - go - round was still on the blacktop of good ole' Centre Elementary. It's nice to know that somethings haven't changed over time...even if it is a burrito and playground.

No comments: